635 East Project - garland information
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is investing $1.74 billion into improving the 11-mile section of Interstate 635 East that serves Garland. For more information about the project and to subscribe to traffic alerts, visit 635East.com.
The design-build contractor for the 635 East Project, Pegasus Link Constructors (PLC), will temporarily occupy the Garland Avenue gateway site (the site of the old Hypermart building) as a staging yard for the 635 LBJ East Project.
Below are links to the public hearings held by the Garland Plan Commission on March 9 and the Garland City Council on April 7. In addition, the Council member who represents the area hosted a community meeting to help answer questions from the community.
Additional meeting presentations:
We are in the process of adding more resources and information to this page. Please check back often for updates.
- How long has the site been vacant?
- What are some of the site's potential uses?
- What kinds of deed restrictions are imposed on the existing Garland Avenue gateway site?
- What is the Garland Foundation for Development?
- What is the role of the Garland Foundation for Development with the Garland Avenue gateway location?
- How can I share my thoughts on the future development of the Garland Avenue gateway site?
- Why this site?
- How long will PLC occupy the site?
- What activities will occur at this staging yard?
- What type of materials will be stored at the staging yard?
- What safety measures will be implemented at the staging yard?
- What kind of security will be implemented at the staging yard?
- How will PLC mitigate noise at the staging yard?
- How will PLC mitigate dust at the staging yard?
- How will PLC monitor air quality at the staging yard?
- During PLC’s lease, who will maintain the property and its surrounding areas?